SATURDAY AUGUST 26
1:30pm - 3:30pm
Cost $65, 10% discount for members, 20% discount for teachers
“The goal of life is to make your heartbeat match the beat of the universe, to match your nature with Nature.” Joseph Campbell
Join Annabel Reiter for a nourishing afternoon of Yoga and Ayurveda. Ayurveda is the world’s fastest growing complimentary health system. Actively practiced for over 5,000 years in India and beyond Ayurveda is considered the ‘sister-science’ of Yoga. Ayurveda harmonises our rhythms with those of the natural world around us through diet, lifestyle, yoga, pranayama and meditation techniques specific to your unique constitution (Dosha).
The information filled session will incorporate a short flow and pranayama and meditation techniques designed to balance the seasonal influences so we may be restored and uplifted, and receive fully the offerings of the season.
Annabel completed training as an Ayurvedic Diet & Lifestyle Consultant in 2007, with Dr Ajit of AIAS. She went on to complete her 500hr Yoga Teacher Training with Byron Yoga in 2009, and more recently a 200hr training with Power Living. Annabel presents the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda and Yoga, in a practical and easy accessible format. Drawing on her studies and experience as a Yoga Teacher, Ayurvedic Diet & Lifestyle Consultant, mother and business owner, her intention is to guide others to live and move in alignment with their innate wisdom.
In the Workshop you will:
- Learn your Dosha (body type/individual constitution) and how to identify those of your loved ones
- Learn the basics of Ayurvedic philosophy in a practical and fun way
- Discuss Common imbalances of the Doshas and how to rectify them
- Explore Seasonal guidelines to support your health throughout the year
- Learn essential Ayurvedic daily routines to align you with the natural daily rhythms (dinacharya)
- Experience asana, pranayama and meditation as appropriate for the Season
- Receive take-home handouts to support the information given
- Enjoy delicious Chai tea as you explore the medicinal value of your kitchen spice rack
- Receive a take home self-care kit valued at over $50