YOKE YOGA 40 DAY SADHANA: ‘The Soul Seekers Guide to Bliss’
Join your Yoke Yoga community for a 6 week journey of self-discovery as we nourish and expand our personal practice; our Sadhana.
In a supportive group setting Amy will unpack the mystery that surrounds meditation. We’ll work with asana and pranayama to direct and expand our attention and energy and use these as stepping stones into a mindfulness meditation practice. Expect to deepen your asana, build your prana, and, to receive the tools and space needed to develop your own potent, committed meditation practice.
With the encouragement and support of the Yoke teachers and your fellow yogis, over six weeks you will have the opportunity to fall in love with your personal practice and grow your own authentic expression of Yoga.
“Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.” - Rumi
The Project Commitment:
You will be taught mindfulness meditation techniques that will help you become more skilful at drawing upon your inner resources to enrich your wellbeing and connection with yourself and others.
- Each day we’ll sit on the meditation cushion. This will increase from 6-24 minutes per day over the 6 weeks.
- Meditation is the main practice for your enquiry into truth, you could say that all other aspect of this course are there to encourage and deepen the meditation.
- 6 yoga practices per week
- 5 Studio practices (a mixture of yin and yang style) and 1 home practice per week
- Our asana practice will strengthen and open the body in order to increase its capacity to hold prana
- Through the asana we will also sharpen our listening and improve our ability to concentrate in readiness for meditation.
Weekly Themes and Principles
Each week we’ll have a specific theme to explore and this will flavour the week’s practice and enquiry questions. We’ll look at traditional teachings as they underpin many of the tools we will be employing
● Every Sunday night from 7.30 - 8.00pm we’ll have a Satsang at the studio with Amy Burke that will also be live streamed to our Facebook Group. Here we’ll both discuss and practice the week’s theme and techniques.
● Every Wednesday night from 7.30 – 8.30pm we’ll have a Satsang nearby the studio with Kate Henry that will also be live streamed to our Facebook Group. This gathering will centre on discussion on the weekly theme followed by a group meditation.
When and Where?
40 Day Sadhana The Soul Seekers Guide to Bliss, Yoke Yoga South Melbourne - Sunday April 30 – Friday June 9.
What is the cost?
The cost of the program covers all 12 group meetings, audio guided meditations, take home notes for reflection as well as the final evening celebration to close our program together.
Members $89 (note that your membership payments will continue ongoing)
Non-Members $299 (includes unlimited practice at the studio for the duration of the Sadhana)
How do I sign up?
Chat to Ashleigh or any of the Yoke teachers about joining the The Soul Seekers Guide to Bliss and they can sign you up, or, jump on yokeyoga.com.au and register there.
Amy has been teaching yoga and meditation since 2012. Her teachings are fueled by reflections from her personal practice blended with insights learned from her many wonderful teachers over the years. Through this sadhana she hopes to create an inclusive community where anyone who wants to connect with and learn more about themselves feels welcome, no matter their level of experience. Amy is excited to share mindfulness meditation techniques that can help us all live a more conscious and connected life.