'The Soul Seekers Guide to Bliss'
Join the Yoke Yoga community on this 6 week journey of self discovery. Throughout the journey you’ll develop, strengthen and nourish your personal practice (Sadhana). Our Sadhana is our daily ritual, to reconnect to our Self and from this gain a deep sense of fulfilment and clarity. You’ll be guided and supported by the Yoke team throughout the 6 weeks, giving you the opportunity to grow your own authentic expression of Yoga.
“It takes a long time to play like yourself” – Miles Davis
The Project Commitment:
6 YOGA PRACTICES PER WEEK
- 5 Studio practices (a mixture of yin and yang style) and 1 home practice per week
- Each day you’ll sit on the meditation cushion. This will increase from 5-30 minutes per day over the 6 weeks.
- You will be taught meditation techniques to guide you in your personal practice, however if you have a meditation practice you can continue with that.
- Meditation is the main practice for your enquiry into truth, you could say that all other aspect of this course are there to encourage and deepen the meditation.
- You will be supported to make a conscious shift to healthy eating habits, including an optional 5 day cleanse in Week 3.
WEEKLY THEMES AND PRINCIPLES
- Each week we’ll have a specific theme to explore and this will flavour the weeks practice and enquiry questions
- We’ll also explore some mindfulness based tools for reducing stress, anxiety and finding fulfilment. You’ll be encouraged to try on these tools and implement them into your lives.
- We’ll look at traditional teachings as they underpin many of the tools we will be employing
- Based on the weekly themes there will be questions designed to shine a torch on areas of opportunity in your life
- The questions will form the basis for discussions at our weekly meetings
Connections twice a week:
Monday 8 - 8:30pm - online lecture (join in from home on your computer or phone) to set you up for the week ahead
Thursday 7:45 - 8:45pm Satsang meeting at the studio: a discussion on the weekly theme followed by a group meditation (please note that the 7:45pm Yin class will be cancelled for the duration of the Sadhana)
These sessions will be lead by our Founder, Chris Wilson